City Dental Practice Complaints handling policy (private treatment)
Code of practice for patient complaints
At this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with the service that we offer them. When patients complain, they are dealt with promptly and in a courteous manner so that the problem is resolved as efficiently as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to respond to complaints in the same way that we would expect one of your complaints to be handled. Every issue will be treated individually and looked into with the utmost care and sensitivity.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about our service is Dr Amit Kohli.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer them to the Complaints Manager immediately. If the Complaints Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be given an available time to speak to them and arrangements will be made for this. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable time period or if the patient does not wish to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for somebody else to deal with the problem.
- If a patient complains in writing the letter or email will be passed on to the Complaints Manager immediately.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances that led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet with us, then we will attempt to speak with them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days the patient will be notified and the reasons for this explained to them.
- We will confirm the decision regarding the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure a complaint may be made to the Dental Complaints Service who can provide a solution for private patients. Their contact details are as follows:
The Lansdowne Building, 2 Landsdowne Road, Croydon CR9 2ER
Tel: 08456 1205 40